5 Ways to Improve NetworkingMay 17, 2021
𝘿𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 40'𝙨, 𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡... 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙬𝙚𝙞𝙧𝙙! (𝙄 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬) Just like dating, there's a science to networking. Here's how to get it right. (plus swipe the copy)
I'll take networking, creating content, and giving away value all day long compared to asking someone out.
The reason is it's just flat-out uncomfortable.
It's kind of like your first day as a salesman. You're nervous, awkward, pushy, expectant, and you come across like you're a rookie.
When I compare how most people send me direct messages on LinkedIn it's a lot like getting the first date. Here's why:
1. Random likes or follows are weird
2. Ask to fast and they run away
3. Inauthenticity leads to pressure and disappointment
4. Asking 'What do you do?' is boring
5. Talking about yourself sounds like you're selling
I think I'm going to try dating like I do networking. Just like this 👇
1. Add value to similar interest posts
2. Find common ground
3. Be authentic, don't try to be someone else
4. Let them get to know me by what I share
5. Ask after they have had a chance to get to know me.
Wouldn't you like people to stop proposing to you on the first direct message?
Did you know that most marketing is a waste of money? That's just plain wrong.
Take advantage of how the best brands market with this free book I wrote to make improvements in your marketing.
5 Marketing Secrets Only the Best Brands Use
I don't like receiving useless information in my email, so I don't send it either. Please check your email to make sure you received the FREE Book you asked for.